The Basics of Scissoring "2 in 1" Super Pack - Certificate Course
With this "2 in 1" Super Pack, you have the opportunity to systematically learn everything you need to know about scissoring.
Right from the beginning.
This "2 in 1" Super - Package includes the certificate course "The Basics of Scissoring" as well as the chapter "How to hold and run your scissors correctly" of the module "Introduction to Dog Grooming".
This course thus offers a complete learning package, unique on the market, for the fundamentals of working with the pair of scissors and is based on a long-term teaching and practical experience of the writing team.
Scissoring is an art, which creates the individual form and structure of a scissor trim. However, it`s not easy and is one of the most challenging tasks of a groomer.
In this unique course, you learn everything you need to know about the fundamentals of scissoring.
The experienced professional, Margit Schönauer invites you to a journey into the world of scissoring and gives you a comprehensive insight into this grooming technique.
In the first chapter, you will be introduced systematically to the theory of scissoring. You'll find answers here to the most frequent problems, uncertainties and questions from "Components of a perfect scissor trim" to "The 3 basic rules of scissoring"
In the second chapter, you learn everything you need to know about shears, why it`s important that they fit your needs and specifics, further how to choose the right ones for you.
The third chapter is the heart of this course. Margit Schönauer demonstrates her students the various scissoring techniques application-oriented and step-by-step in 5 video lectures.
The comprehensive knowledge you acquire in this course will shape your whole future career as a groomer. Why? Because it matters how you learn the fundamentals and on what foundation you're building your further education and career on.
After this course, you'll be able to live out your creative side and to practice the true beauty of scissoring.
- 23 interactive learning slides with illustrations/pictures
- 10 video lectures
- 9 practice tests
- 1 scissor game
- Forum - get in contact with other groomers and pet stylists around the world!
- Newbies, who would like to gain sound knowledge in this profession.
- Groomers with little experience or career break returners, who:
- Want to complement and/or deepen their know-how.
- Are not sure if their know-how was correct and up-to-date.
- For all, who:
- Value self-paced learning.
- Know, that there are many ways to learn something.
- Scissors as tools
- Scissor/Shear terminology
- Scissors in general
- Characteristics of quality scissors
- The different types of scissors
- How to choose the right scissors for you?
- Scissor Maintenance - Video
- How to hold and run your scissors correctly
- How to Hold your Scissors Correctly - Video
- Additional tips to hold your scissors correctly - Video
- How to run your scissors correctly - Video
- Scissoring theory
- The components of a perfect scissor trim
- Which coat can be scissored without any concern?
- The 3 basic rules of scissoring
- Correct scissor handling
- Potential safety hazards
- Scissoring techniques
- Scissoring the curly, wavy coat - video
- Scissoring the coarse- and silky combination coat - video
- Scissoring the wired coat - video
- Scissoring the (natural) long coat / minor trim - video
- Scissoring the (natural) long coat / "over the comb" technique - video
- Scissoring the (natural) long coat after clipping - video
- Course start: anytime
- Course access time: 1 month. Learn at your pace and sequence.
- Prolongation: possible
- Certificate: To get your certificate, you must pass the test at the end of the course. You need to answer 70% of the questions correctly to pass the test. You may repeat taking the test as often as you wish.
We assume in this course that you have sound knowledge about the different coat types and textures.
If this is not the case, we recommend you:
- Scissoring 3 in 1 Power Pack - you save €43,- Contains: Basics of Scissoring (Certificate Course) + How to Hold and Run your Scissors Correctly (Last chapter of "Introduction to Dog Grooming, module 1 of the Diploma Course "Learn How to Groom Dogs with Margit Schönauer") + The Dogs Coat (Crash Course). Course coming up soon!
On our learning platform, we teach quality rather than quantity. We have committed ourselves to offer the highest quality of education and training at a reasonable price. Hundreds of hours of work and the life experience of several people are behind every course.
Relevance and efficiency are essential factors for our students. With us you will not get bored with hours of superfluous videos, we respect the limited time resources of our students and focus on important and essential educational goals.
If you master the skills and fully acquire the know-how of the chosen course, you have reached a significant milestone on your way to becoming a professional. You are certainly able to manage that, however, it requires lots of time spent on intense practice. Watching (long) videos and reading endless texts will not get you further.